In the Aldi online shop there is the smart video doorbell Medion MD88314, which can be controlled via app, on offer in the promotional period until May 22, 2021.
Medion MD88314 video doorbell for € 64.99 at Aldi
The video doorbell that Aldi currently has in its range is, as is so often the case, a product of the Medion brand. Vacuum robots, mopping robots, smart speakers, etc. are also available from the manufacturer, and we have already tested a number of them.
The WiFi doorbell now on offer is controlled by app / smartphone, has a viewing angle of 120 ° and has a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. In addition, the recorded data is stored internally on an SD card. Incidentally, the camera accepts a maximum of 128 GB.
An optional cloud solution is not offered.
Otherwise, the Medion MD88314 offers the usual functions. Including 2-way audio, night vision and dust-splash protection.
At a price of € 64.99, it is clearly positioned in the entry-level area. It hardly gets cheaper and even the cheapest offers on Amazon from the Far East are priced the same.
Here again all the technical data at a glance:
– Two-way audio function
– ¼” CMOS-Sensor
– Night vision function
– Dust and splash-proof main unit
– Motion detection (PIR sensor) for notification via push message via Android® or iOS® app when there is movement
– Supports microSD cards up to 128 GB
– Integrated microphone + loudspeaker
– External radio bell module with 36 different tones
– Video resolution: 720p
– Image resolution: 1,280 x 720
– WLAN-Standards: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (2,4 GHz)
– H.264 Video Codec
– Viewing angle: 120 °
– 6 x 850 nm IR-LED
– Power supply: 2 x 18,650 Li-ion batteries
Dimensions / Weight:
– B x H x T: ca. 5 x 13,5 x 3,7 cm
– Ca. 128 g
Scope of delivery:
– WiFi doorbell MEDION® LIFE® E85010 (MD88314), white
– fastening material
– 2 x Li-Ionen-Akku
– 1 x radio bell module
– Operation manual
– Guarantee card
For comparison. The Video Doorbell that Florian recently tested, the Arlo Essential Wire Free, currently costs just under € 190 on Amazon.
If you are generally interested in how something works, just take a look at his video:
If you want to exchange ideas on the topic, have a look at our “Smart surveillance cameras group”On Facebook. There you will find a huge community with whom you can exchange ideas on the topic!