To make a good YouTube video it is necessary to have some basic editing knowledge, but today there are many tools that help a lot with the task.
Logically, the success of a video depends on many factors, not just editing. The content, the setting, the grace when presenting, the crazy YouTube algorithm, the words and tags used… it’s a lot of work, so if we can save it when editing, the better.
One of my favorite tools when editing is FlexClip, since it allows you to add transitions, several videos at the same time, lyrics, effects and background music, an all in one that does not require much editing knowledge.
Let’s look at some tips before we get down to business:
– Import all recorded video and split it in chunks depending on the topics you deal with. Each piece can have its own texts, its second floating video, its effects … For this it is important to be very clear about the cut-off moments of each «episode».
– Create an initial cover about 3 seconds to give some context, with a transition that goes slightly to the first video.
– Remove audio from floating videos that you put, so that two videos with sound do not appear at the same time.
– Do not worry if when you put floating video, the audio of the main video appears with some type of lag, it is an error that only appears in the preview, the final video will be perfect, although it may take a long time to export it (depending on the graphic power of your computer).
– If you put background music or any other sound effect, be careful with the volume. Unfortunately at the moment it is not possible to put more than one sound effect in the whole video, but it can be positioned at any time we want by pressing the TRIM button.
It cannot be compared with a professional editor, nor with openshot and the like, but it is web-based, the learning curve is very fast and the results are very good.