A new firmware update from Telekom for the Speedport Smart 4 is currently being distributed. Both models are affected (type A and B). As always, this fixes existing bugs, but there are also a few improvements and new functions.
Speedport Smart 4 (type A and B) firmware update 07/2021
The new version numbers of the two device variants differ in the firmware. Speedport Smart 4 Type A receives the number with the new version 010139.1.1.002.0 and Speedport Smart 4 Type B die 010146.1.1.002.0. However, the technical changes are identical for both models! The following changes gives the Telekom for the Speedport Smart 4 firmware update to:
- The user manual accessible via the router configuration has been revised
- The private WiFi data can be reset to the original settings via the display
without having to reset the entire device to the factory settings.
- The connection is now more stable with slow internet connections
- Manual commissioning of the Smart 4
- Incorrect display on the phone when a call has been forwarded.
- The WLAN LED flashed continuously, although another fault occurred (DNS).
- After a restart, system messages were missing in the router log of the router configuration
- Smart Home – After restarting the Smart 4, the optical window contact was sometimes not
- Smart Home – After importing a backup, devices could be missing or not usable
- Guest WiFi – After a factory reset, it was not always possible to connect devices via WPS.