- Apple has presented a new version of the base model of its iPad series.
- The iPad 10.2 (2021) offers three major innovations.
- It can be pre-ordered now.
With the iPhone 13 and the Apple Watch 7 we had expected at the Apple event in September that new iPad mini was already a surprise, the new version of the iPad 10.2 even more so. Traditionally revealed Apple new iPads actually only in October.
What innovations does Apple have compared to the forefather of tablet PCs Predecessor from 2020 lost? The new generation offers three major innovations in particular:
This is new for the iPad 2021
- The clearly powerful Apple A13 is used as the processor, previously the A12 was used in the iPad. Apple promises up to 20 percent more performance with lower energy consumption.
- The front camera is significantly upgraded. Instead of a 1.2-megapixel webcam, you will now find a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera here. This also has the follow-up mode known from the iPad Pro, which should ensure that you are always in the picture.
- The 10.2 inch screen now also offers support for True Tone for the first time. The technology adapts the screen content to the color temperature in the room, which, according to Apple, should ensure more natural-looking images and more relaxed viewing, regardless of the lighting conditions. Even when you move.
Price and availability
That new iPad can be pre-ordered nowIt will go on sale on September 24th. The prices for the WLAN models start at 379 euros. If you want to use the Internet on the go, you have to pay at least 519 euros for a “Wi-Fi + Cellular” model.
When it comes to storage, you can choose between 64 or 256 gigabytes, with the colors silver and space gray to choose from.