The Wi-Fi 6 standard is the next generation of Wi-Fi, also dubbed 802.11ax, already present in Devolo’s Magic 2 WiFi 6 powerline adapters. This means that they benefit from the most current wireless network protocol, as defined by the Wi-Fi Alliance.
This new standard builds on the strengths of 802.11ac, adding efficiency, flexibility and scalability. This provides more speed and capacity on new and existing networks with more applications.
Devolo specializes in powerline solutions to solve internet problems
The new Magic 2 WiFi 6 kit has the first Powerline adapter with WiFi 6. In this adapter, also available as a kit, Devolo has its latest flagship product. It is a solution for home networks that combines Powerline technology with the most advanced Wi-Fi standard.
Therefore, it reaches a maximum Powerline speed of up to 2,400 Mbps and even a Wi-Fi performance of up to 1,800 Mbps with the kit Magic 2 WiFi 6 takes home networking to the next level.
Powerline technology transmits the Internet signal through walls and ceilings lossless and provides the entire home with stable, long-range and fast Wi-Fi. To do so, it uses new Wi-Fi features, such as OFDMA, TWT and modern mesh technology, among others.
devolo Magic 2 WiFi 6 adapters handle new bandwidth challenges with ease. For this, they have high-performance Wi-Fi Mesh, wireless connections are possible with up to 1800 Mbps. Thus offering wireless LAN speeds 50% faster than the previous model.
This is mainly possible through the new Wi-Fi 6 standard (also known as Wi-Fi ax). One of its critical features is OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access).
Note that this state-of-the-art modulation technology uses available frequencies more efficiently. In practice, wireless channels are divided into smaller frequency bands so that more applications or clients can communicate on a channel simultaneously.
Thus, leading to faster transmission of small data packets. In other words, the home Wi-Fi information highway is configured with additional lanes so that traffic can move more freely than traditional Wi-Fi.
The ultimate upgrade with the Magic 2 WiFi 6 Kit
The devolo Magic 2 WiFi 6 series adapters give you what it takes to ensure everything runs smoother every day.
Important video calls remain as stable as fast server connection for online gaming and 4K (or even 8K) movies at movie nights.
Best of all, however, is that using the new technological features does not require any special knowledge – they are automated and provide better energy savings.
Wi-Fi Mesh for the best Internet experience
- A mesh system refers to a wireless LAN network that consists of multiple Wi-Fi hotspots that automatically communicate with each other and form a Wi-Fi mesh network with some clever advantages:
- Airtime Fairness manages the Wi-Fi network automatically, giving faster Wi-Fi clients more connection time – improving the Wi-Fi performance of the entire wireless network.
- Access Point Steering allows a low-interruption connection with multiple Wi-Fi access points. The benefit is manifested when the user moves around the house with a smartphone, tablet or laptop. In a fully automatic process, the mesh network ensures that each device is always connected to the strongest hotspot.
- Band Steering efficiently and automatically drives devices into the 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band without user intervention. This provides connections with the most suitable Wi-Fi band at all times, ensuring a stable connection.
- Beam Forming allows particularly accurate control of devices to establish a better connection between the access point and, for example, a tablet.
- Config Sync allows synchronization of Wi-Fi configuration data with all devolo Magic hotspots. Furthermore, devolo Magic WiFi allows access data to be copied from the router so that only one WiFi password has to be stored for all devices.
- Fast Roaming (Client Steering) gives Wi-Fi roaming an added boost, allowing compatible devices to decide autonomously which access point allows for the fastest connection.
- The Multiuser Bidirectional MIMO takes advantage of the multi-antenna technology of the sending and receiving units, sending and receiving multiple simultaneous data streams to and from several clients.
Finally, the Starter Kit with two adapters is available for 239,90 €. For larger living spaces, we recommend the Multiroom Kit, which comes with three adapters for €399.90.
On a last note, if it is necessary to expand the network, we can separately purchase an expansion adapter per 179,90 €.
4gnews editors recommend: