- The balance sheet from 2021 of the largest game companies is here.
- While Sony posted losses, the others benefited.
- Apple’s profits overtook Microsoft and Nintendo.
Every year, companies fight to make the most sales and conquer the gaming world with their products. Hardly anyone was able to record losses in 2021, but the biggest surprise was probably the success of Apple.
A big increase for Apple
Like the magazine newzoo revealed, the top 10 gaming giants enjoyed an increase in profits compared to 2020. However, not all, because Sony even recorded a loss of -2.3%, despite occupying second place in the ranking.
Die Top 10 in 2021
- Tencent (+9.9% YoY)
- Sony (- 2.3% YoY)
- Apple (+ 17.7% YoY)
- Microsoft (+ 9.6% YoY)
- Google (+ 20.8% on the previous year)
- NetEase (+ 15% YoY)
- Nintendo (+ 1.9% YoY)
- Electronic Arts (+ 14.9% on the previous year)
- Sea Limited (+114.3% YoY)
Success through games
Mobile games are becoming increasingly popular. So you can currently Diablo Immortal for iOS and Android download. But the popular consoles are also regularly supplied with new games. You can see which ones are still appearing Release-Liste remove.
Don’t miss anything with the NETWORK-Newsletter
Every Friday: The most informative and entertaining summary from the world of technology!