New Peugeot 408 2022 is finally here, the first crossover coupé in the history of the Lion. 4.69 meters long with a wheelbase of 2.79 meters, the new Peugeot 408 comes with an extremely spacious second row of seats, with a space reserved for the knees of 188 mm. The trunk offers 536 liters of spacewhich with the rear seats folded down becomes 1,611 liters.
The height of the car is 1.48 meters, a detail that gives it an incredibly slender appearance and improves aerodynamic efficiency. Dimensions possible thanks to new multi-energy platform EMP2 (Efficient Modular Platform), which can be configured with 17 to 20 inch tires with thermal or Plug-in Hybrid engines.
A new Peugeot 408 all (or almost) Plug-in Hybrid
Two Plug-in Hybrid engines are available on the Peugeot 408. HYBRID 225 e-EAT8 has 2-wheel drive, a 180 hp (132 kW) PureTech engine mated to a 110 hp (81 kW) electric motor and both managed by an 8-speed e-EAT8 automatic transmission, and HYBRID 180 e-EAT8with 2-wheel drive, 150 HP (110 kW) PureTech engine combined with a 110 HP (81 kW) electric motor and the same 8-speed e-EAT8 gearbox.
The battery fitted to the 408 has a capacity of 12.4 kWh which is recharged as standard with a 3.7 kW single-phase charger, however, the 7.4 kW single-phase charger can be optioned. When connected to a standard Shuko socket (8 A), the 408 recharges in 7 hours and 5 minutes at 3.7 kW, while with a powered socket at 14 A it takes 3 hours and 55 minutes.
Connected to a 7.4 kW / 32 A wallbox, the 408 charges in an hour and 40 minutes. If the electrical part does not interest you, the 408 also comes with a thermal motor, with PureTech petrol engine 3 cylinders 1.2 liters with 130 hp compatible with the Euro 6.4 standard, always combined with the 8-speed automatic gearbox.
The technology of the new 408
As you can imagine, the new Peugeot 408 arrives with an enviable technological load. It starts from Peugeot i-Cockpit, designed and built around the driver to ensure maximum comfort and control. The new digital instrument cluster is positioned in line with the view of the road, just above the steering wheel, and integrates a 10-inch screen starting from the Allure trim level. In the GT version the instrument panel is available with 3D technology (the i-Cockpit 3D of the Peugeot 208 in action), fully parameterizable and customizable.
The standard touchscreen, on the other hand, is 10 inches and is positioned a little lower than the instrument panel. The system makes available to users i-togglefully configurable, moreover on the dashboard there are the Brake buttons (B) for regenerative braking in the electrified versions and the driving mode selector, which includes Electric, Hybrid, Eco, Normal e Sport (depending on the engine). New 408 then offers the Peugeot i-Connect Advancedwhich promises a cutting-edge infotainment experience.
In fact, we have 3D Connected Navigation with integrated TomTom services, with the entire system that can be updated over-the-air. Also present is the recognition of the natural voice “OK PEUGEOT” which can be used to perform various tasks. Finally, we come to talk about driving aids, the so-called ADAS. On board we have a suite complete with:
– Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go functionwith automatic adjustment of the distance from the vehicle in front
– Active Safety Brakeautomatic emergency braking with collision risk warning (detects pedestrians and cyclists, day and night, from 7 to 140 km / h), depending on the versions
– Lane Keeping Assistthe active warning of unintentional crossing of the carriageway or the hard shoulder with trajectory correction
– Driver Attention Alertable to warn the driver in case of distraction when driving at speeds above 65 km / h, through the analysis of the micromovements of the steering wheel
– Extended Traffic Sign Recognitionthe extended reading of road signs (stop, prohibited direction, no overtaking, end of no overtaking …) in addition to the traditional speed signs
– Night Vision System, a technology that detects living beings (pedestrians / animals) in front of the vehicle at night or in conditions of reduced visibility. The range of the system guarantees the detection of obstacles up to 200-250 m, beyond the range of the projectors, with projection inside the Head-up Digital Display of the infrared view, therefore in line with the vision of the road while driving
– Blind spot surveillance long range (75 meters)
– Rear traffic warning (when reversing, warns of the presence of a danger nearby)
– 180 ° high definition rear view camera with integrated cleaning nozzle
– Assisted parking with 360 ° view thanks to 4 cameras (front, rear and side)
– Reverse adjustable rear view mirrors
– Matrix LED floodlights to use the high beams at maximum power without risking dazzling vehicles in front or behind
– High Beam Assistfor automatic switching of high / low beams
Later the Drive Assist 2.0 system for semi-autonomous driving. This package includes Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go function and Lane Positioning Assist, helping to keep the car in its lane.
Other systems supplied on the new 408 are the Keyless Access & Start, the motorized boot lid with access by hands, the heated windscreen, the perimeter alarm, the electric parking brake on all versions, the electric sunroof with blackout curtain. Peugeot 408 can be purchased online in 100% digital purchase method. The French brand will also sell its crossover coupe along with services such as Peugeot Easy-Chargeto access charging solutions with Plug-in Hybrid versions, and Peugeot Easy-carea package that guarantees the battery for 8 years or 160,000 km and much more.
Finally with l’app MyPeugeot it is possible, from the smartphone, to start or program the thermal pre-conditioning when the vehicle is being charged, to consult, program, start or postpone the recharging of the battery. The last element missing is the starting price for Italy: we will update you as soon as possible.