A new version of the Philips Hue app has been available since yesterday. While we are still waiting for the final integration of the Sync Box and also the new presence simulation, this update gives us support for the new one Philips Hue Tap Dial Schalter and delivers a new automation: Wake up naturally.
Philips Hue writes in the update description: “Let the colors of the morning sun wake you up! You can now set the Sunrise alarm style in an automatic alarm. This setting was specially developed for products with color gradients, but it also works with all White Ambiance or White and Color Ambiance lamps.”
Activating the new function is very easy:
- update the Hue app to version 4.20 or later
- Open the “Automations” area in the navigation bar
- Tap the plus icon in the top right to create a new automation
- Select “Wake up with light”.
- select the desired time and the desired days of the week
- select the lamps you want: the whole home, complete rooms or individual lamps
- in the next step select the function “Sunrise”.
- name and save the automation
- Repeat steps 3 to 8 for alternative alarm times on other days
This new sunrise uses significantly more white tones than was previously the case in the slow fade to light automation. This should simulate the natural sunrise even better. The effect is particularly effective with gradient lamps, which can display several colors at the same time.