Shopify has presented a huge number of new features in its Shopify Editionsand some of them are really interesting.
In total there have been more than 100 new updates with the aim of promoting trade between people (C2C, from consumer to consumer), although it has also presented others related to B2B.
In www.shopify.es/editions/summer2022 We can see in detail some of these novelties, but here I want to summarize them so that they are clear:
– Has partnered with Google with the aim that consumers can have it easier when buying locally. They will share with Google the searches that consumers make every day, many of which are related to local commerce, and that will help users to better search local businesses.
In this way, they synchronize the local inventory on Google, something that will be available to Shopify Spain stores and from around the world with retail operations (in practice, those who want to sell something on Shopify will be able to inform nearby customers when a product is available in your store, so that the customer can go to your store to find it).
– They have presented the Tokenized trade (Tokengated Commerce), so that sellers can offer NFTs with the aim that by activating them they can obtain exclusive access to products, advantages and experiences. They don’t want the NFT world to be a place to buy and sell, like stocks, they want it to be a gateway to activate new experiences.
– Expansion towards B2B. Merchants will have more possibilities to connect with other businesses using Shopify Plus, in the Shopify backoffice. From there you can customize and manage the business. They are working with ERPs like NetSuite and Acumatica to make transferring data to Shopify easier.
– has presented Shopify Functions, a way to customize the store to stand out from other brands. The idea is that developers can extend or replace Shopify’s backend logic with custom code, without worrying about hosting, security, or code versions.
– Shopify POS. It has presented more details of a powerful point of sale system that will allow any mobile device to become it. We can download the Shopify POS application on any smartphone or tablet with iOS or Android and adapt the POS system to each business. We can thus instantly access applications, discounts and most used products to make a quick payment. Tap to Pay on iPhone will only be available in the US.
These have been the novelties that we have considered most important, although you have many others on the website mentioned above.